- What is the FREE 30-day trial period?
- Why would DTLink let me use the software for free?
- Is purchasing over the Internet safe?
- How does the purchase process work?
- Where do I get the software?
- Can I get the software on CD?
- What about FREE upgrades?
- Can I use the software both at home and work with one license?
- Where is the technical FAQ?
- My question is not answered here, how do I contact DTLink?
What is the FREE 30-day trial period?We want you to have plenty of time to find out if Personal Stock Monitor meets your needs, so we include a 30-day trial period with every copy of Personal Stock Monitor. This means you can use the software completely FREE for up to 30 days.
Your trial period begins when you first install and run the software, and Personal Stock Monitor will keep you informed of the number of days remaining. During the trial period, Personal Stock Monitor is fully functional and works just like the licensed version.
Why would DTLink let me use the software for free?We want you to be happy with your purchase, so we don't want you to buy the software if you don't like it. It's as simple as that. While we believe Personal Stock Monitor to be one of the best portfolio management applications on the market, we realize that every person has their own requirements, and Personal Stock Monitor will not meet those requirements for everyone. If it doesn't meet your needs now, please let us know so that we can work on meeting them in a future release.
Is purchasing over the Internet safe?Yes! We have our own secure server which ensures that your credit card information can not be intercepted, and we do not store your credit card number in our customer database after the purchase. Your orders are processed through Cardservice International one of the leaders in world-wide electronic payment processing.
How does the purchase process work?For online credit card orders:
- You order by credit card through our secure server.
- We immediately send you an order acknowledgement to the email address you specified on the order form. This email includes your order number and an email address to contact us in case of problems.
- If we are unable to verify your credit card information, we will contact you requesting a correction or additional information.
- After your credit card information is verified and we receive approval from our credit card processor, we will send your license key in a separate email.
- Enter the new license key into Personal Stock Monitor and activate it to enable the software to operate past the 30-day trial period.
When you send us a mail-in or fax-in order, your order may take several additional business days from the day we receive it because it has to be entered into our system by hand. Otherwise the process is the same as above, and you will receive your license key by email after we have processed your order.
Where do I get the software?You can download the software from our downloads page, as well as many of the popular software archives on the Internet such as Download.com. Just search for "Personal Stock Monitor"!
Can I get the software on CD?Since we update Personal Stock Monitor quite often, we distribute it only on the Internet because it is the easiest and fastest way for you to get updates. This also keeps the price of the software down because we save on the cost of the CDs, and you save on shipping and handling.
What about FREE upgrades?Each new license for Personal Stock Monitor Gold includes free upgrades to any version of Personal Stock Monitor Gold released within a year of the date of purchase. Each new license for Personal Stock Monitor Standard includes free upgrades to any version of Personal Stock Monitor Standard released within a year of the date of purchase.
For example, if you purchased a Gold license on January 1, 2010, you will be able to install and use any version of Personal Stock Monitor Gold released on or before December 31, 2010. This includes major releases during that time period, (9.0, 10.0, etc.) even if we change the price! However, you will need to purchase an upgrade license in order to use versions released on or after January 1, 2011. Upgrade licenses cost significantly less than the full price, and include the same one year upgrade period.
To find out when your free upgrade period ends, select Help->About from within Personal Stock Monitor.
Can I use the software both at home and work with one license?Yes. You will have to activate your license separately on each machine, but home/work use is allowed as long as you are the only person using the software.